Andrea joined LXA in 2020 and is part of the Commercial Contracts team.
Andrea is a specialist in the field of commercial contracts with a focus on franchise, sale and purchase agreements, service agreements and various other forms of partnerships. Andrea assists companies at every stage of their commercial relationship: drafting, negotiating, assessing and terminating agreements, as well as advising and litigating in commercial disputes.
Andrea has been an attorney since 2009 and started her career at a renowned law firm in Utrecht. She has also has experience as in-house legal counsel.
In 2016 Andrea passed the course 'National and International Contracting' with honours.
- Member of the Association for Distribution-, Franchise- and Agency Law (DFA)
- Member of the legal committee of the Dutch Franchise Association (NFV)
Andrea's recent activities
- Drafting various franchise agreements, including for a multi-sport formula.
- Adjusting and negotiating the amendment of many franchise agreements in connection with the introduction of the Franchise Act. Various formulas, such as a cheese store, childcare, financial services, veterinarian, (take away) restaurant, car rental and cosmetics.
- Reviewing and drafting master franchise agreements for two formulas in the food and beverages industry.
- Conducting proceedings in the subdistrict court regarding various compensation after the end of an agency agreement.
- Drafting various agency agreements, including for a wood flooring manufacturer, a shoe distributor and a solar lighting manufacturer.
- Drafting an international (framework) agreement for the production and purchase of yachts.
- Drafting various (national and international) distribution agreements, including with a Chinese distributor regarding an insect repellent product and with a Dutch wholesaler regarding sunscreen.
- Settlement of a dispute between a seller of used vehicles and a importer.
- Various opinions on the possibilities for termination of continuing agreements.